Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Trauma Dream Come True


Today they called CODE BLACK over the PA at our hospital. "All leadership staff report to the main conference room". I looked at Dr. Trotter and we both said , "What does that mean, do you suppose they want us?" Yes we were needed it was a disaster (drill). We were expecting 20 to 40 victims in 30 minutes. I ended up outside in the disaster tent doing the triage and making decisions on where our mass casualties should go. It was very exciting. I had so much power! Every time the patient was looking bad I ordered them out of there to the ER. Mono my Paramedic buddy was there and someone snapped us with his cell phone. 20 years of working at UVMC and I was finally there for a disaster drill, a dream come true for the Trauma Queen.
Haiti in 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment