Monday, June 21, 2010

Trauma Queen Comes Out.








We had some weddings at the Ranch House. Tanya and Tristan started it, and worked their behinds off to make it wonderful. The Ranch House is the community center of, "The Ranch", where Bob and I have lived since 1972.

Tanya and Tristan invited their wedding guests to be creative, wear their wedding gowns, renew vows etc.

So I get out my wedding dress from 40 years ago, luckily I figured out a way to fold the top down and I was able to get it on. My original veil was this giant white net that went down to the floor, with a hideous headdress with fake silk daisies. Several years ago I took a scissors to the veil and made it short for dress ups. The thing has gotten a lot of mileage.

Bob's and my 40th wedding anniversary just happened to be the next day (June 20). Bob put on the coat of his original 1970’s brown courderoy suit with bell bottoms. It still fits him!!! We got up front and declared what a miracle that he has put up with me for 40 years.

Erin and Jeramiah have a beautiful baby girl. The morning of the wedding I was picking flowers and found out that Erin bought a wedding dress and rings. She was having a wedding within a wedding.

I volunteered to make her a brides bouquet. We happened to have our three girls with identical flower girl dresses from a family wedding three weeks ago. I had a spice cake from our Haiti Slide show bake sale, so I picked some edible flowers to decorate it. The whole wedding took 5 minutes to plan. Worlds lowest stress wedding. Thank you Tristan and Tanya for a wonderful celebration of love, a great contribution to our community life. Deborah thinks we should do group weddings once a year.

Pictures: Lynn and Bob, Lynn and Bob, Tristan and Tanya, Erin and Jeramiah with girls

Haiti Update: We are still working night and day to put on our Music Festival on August 21. Next post will lay it out for you.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Lynn,
    You are a beautiful bride, then and now. I thought of getting my dress out of moth balls, and having Bea wear it to model it, and the idea went over like a turd in the punchbowl! My sister said her daughter in law would disown her for such an outlandish idea, but then her d-i-l won't have anything to do with her anyway.
    The plans are coming along nicely for our 5oth. We plan to have 100 or so people. Scott is bringing his Disieland band, so it should be lively. We are having a bbq, western style, so all will be relaxed. Katie is doing the most of it and Matt has been assigned the meat, and the beverages. We hope it will be fun for all. I hope to have a fashion show, with some of our outragious clothes, which of course, I still have.
    Loved your blog.
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete